Wednesday, July 23, 2008

I'm back

Hello hello hello! Sorry for the long hiatus. I've been running around like crazy. Thankfully, I am looking forward to a fun & relaxing "girly" appointment with Erin on Saturday to get our nails done!

Things have been quite busy around here. Steve is doing pretty well, his platelets are hanging in there since he had a platelet transfusion a couple weeks ago. It turns out I am not a match for him, and neither are my parents. It is really unfortunate that did not work out, but we knew it was only a 30% chance that I might be a match. The national marrow donor program is now searching for a match for him. I guess yesterday they identified 5 people in the world who could potentially be a good match for him. They will contact those people and bring them in for more testing to see how well they match. And they will continue searching the database for potential matches. They are looking for a 10 out of 10 match, ideally. In the meantime, he is doing monthly cycles of chemotherapy to kill off the bad cells and promote the growth of new ones. The other thing they are monitoring are his platelets and blood counts, which are all hovering a bit low.

Steve is keeping a great blog about his experience here. Go give him some love! And sign up to be a bone marrow donor today.

My parents have just rented an apartment here in Seattle, and moved in yesterday. They will keep their house in New Mexico, but plan on living here for the next 9 months or so. It's great to have them around and it's nice to surround ourselves with family as much as possible. They're only a few minutes away from both Steve & Johanna, and me & Brian. It's really nice to have them here all the time.

We just had the exterior of our house painted last week, it looks awesome! I'll have to show a before and after picture as soon as we take one.

This morning, I did a walk-through of our wedding site and met with the caterer. Things are coming along swimmingly. My mom and Johanna came with me, and it was really nice to have the support. There are a ridiculous number of decisions that need to be made. Choosing the color of linens on the various tables is a major ordeal!

Brian & I went to an Andrew Bird concert tonight, with Josh Ritter too. Both are amazing and it was a fantastic show. It was at the zoo and we got to sit on the lawn and eat our dinner while listening to them play. Too bad it's freezing here in July, though... arrgh. It better not be this cold on our wedding day.

Here is a sneak peak at our wedding "inspiration board" that I actually put together a few months ago. It's going to be bright and orangey! Granted, most of the stuff isn't exactly what we will have at the wedding, but this was one of the original group of pictures that inspired what we did end up choosing. I'll show an "after" picture later with the real deal. The wedding is only a month from today!

No comments: